Private Equity & Health Care
“Combining regulatory proficiency with transactional expertise to maximize value in health care private equity deals.”
Transactions in health care business are subject to both the typical issues associated with private equity deals and considerable regulatory risks that can substantially detract from the expected value of such transactions. Our experienced team of health care private equity lawyers combine critical skill sets to help health care practices and private equity firms maximize value: a veteran group of health care regulatory lawyers who recognize the exorbitant costs of noncompliance and a skilled group of deal-makers who have a thorough understanding how to navigate private equity-backed transactions and can provide guidance to both buyers and seller at every phase in a cost-effective, timely manner.
Our attorneys collaborate with our clients at the early stages of a prospective transaction, during which our team will identify and help resolve potential regulatory concerns and deal-related hurdles. We provide ourselves on going well above and beyond ordinary legal representation – we work ardently in conjunction with our clients in assessing possible transactions and counselling on how to tackle or maneuver any obstacles before they materialize.
Our private equity lawyers have represented buyers and sellers of health care providers and life science companies in numerous health care private equity transactions in the health care and life science spaces. Our clients have comprised, ambulatory surgery centers, physician groups, dental groups, mental health providers, pharmacies and medical device and life science companies, among others.
Our Services In Private Equity Health Care Deals Consist Of:
- Consulting on potential transactions to assess feasibility;
- Advising on the design and structure of private equity transactions, including the utilization of a management service organization vehicle;
- Counselling on the complicated regulatory landscape of the health care industry, including but not limited to the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, fee splitting, licensure and general compliance matters;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transaction documents;
- Introducing our clients to strategic partners;
- Structuring post-transaction equity participation incentives; and
- Organizing and documenting joint ventures.
- Understanding private equity transactions in health care
- Infusion of private equity into health care marketplace presents both opportunities and challenges for Physicians and Investors
- SEC proposes eliminating a significant burden on raising capital in private markets
- Key considerations when selling your health care practice to a private equity firm