High Quality Services And Personal Attention
Carissa Danesi joined the Firm in 2023 as an Associate Attorney representing clients in both commercial and healthcare litigation. Her matters include prosecuting and defending contract and business tort claims, and representing healthcare professionals in State disciplinary investigations and proceedings (OPMC and OPD) and Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigations.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Danesi worked at a large regional firm prosecuting civil lawsuits on behalf of insurers under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act that focused on insurance fraud related claims.
Ms. Danesi is also a former Senior Assistant District Attorney in the Vehicular Crimes Bureau of the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office. During her time there, she prosecuted a wide array of misdemeanors and felonies. Carissa has handled all phases of prosecution and litigation, including through trial. While at the District Attorney’s Office, Ms. Danesi received the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Award for Recognition of Excellence.
Carissa received her law degree from Maurice A. Deane School of Law in 2016 where she was the Managing Editor of the Family Court Review and Competition Manager of the Hofstra Trial Advocacy Association. Carissa competed in six interscholastic trial competitions during her time at Hofstra Law.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 2016
- University at Albany, SUNY
- B.A. - 2013
- Same Crime, Different Time: Examining the Split Between the Circuits on Applying Prior Juvenile Sex Offenses to Adult Sex Offense, Family Court Review · Apr 1, 2016
- Commercial Litigation
- Healthcare Law
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving Award for Recognition of Excellence
- New York
Classes & Seminars
- Hofstra University's Maurice A. Deane School of Law, Special Professor of Law, Ms. Danesi teaches trial advocacy to law students and is also an instructor for the intensive Trial Techniques Program, 2016 to Present
Current Employment Position