High Quality Services And Personal Attention
Lisa Giunta-Popeil joined the Firm in 2022. A seasoned litigator with over ten years of experience in both trial and appellate courts, Lisa maintains a broad general commercial litigation practice. Her matters include breach of contract actions, disputes between shareholders, corporate dissolution proceedings, commercial arbitrations, business tort actions (including misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of restrictive covenants, deceptive trade practices, fraudulent conveyance and breach of fiduciary duty), creditor’s rights litigation and securities fraud litigation. Lisa works with her clients to develop thoughtful and comprehensive litigation strategies that are specially tailored to their specific legal needs.
Lisa received her law degree from Columbia University School of Law and her bachelor’s degree from Hofstra University. Prior to joining the Firm, Lisa worked for a boutique commercial litigation firm on Long Island and completed a clerkship with the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Lisa is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York, the United States District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Columbia Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2011
- Hofstra University
- B.A. - 2007
- Lisa Giunta, The Dead on Display: A Call for the International. Regulation of Plastination Exhibits, 49 COLUM. J. TRANSNAT’L L. 164 (2010)
- WHAT DO YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS IN NEW YORK? FIVE FAST FACTS
- WELCOME, LISA GIUNTA-POPEIL, ESQ.!
- General Commercial Litigation
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: 2018-2023
- Clerkship, Hon. Arthur D. Spatt. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York: 2012-2014
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law Student Writing Prize in Comparative and International Law (Louis Henkin Outstanding Note Award Winner): 2010
- New York
Classes & Seminars
- 2016 New York Library Association Annual Conference, “Unpopular Culture: Conformity, Censorship, and Controversy” panel
- 2018 New York Comic Con, “Cosplaying is Not Consent: Cosplaying in the Age of #MeToo” panel
Current Employment Position
- Senior Counsel