Trusts And Estates Attorney
Weiss Zarett Brofman Sonnenklar & Levy, P.C., is currently seeking a talented, experienced and entrepreneurial Trusts & Estates Attorney to join our team in New Hyde Park, New York, 11042.
WHO WE ARE:
Well known boutique law firm with a concentration in healthcare law. The attorneys of Weiss Zarett Brofman Sonnenklar & Levy, P.C., assist members of the healthcare industry (including physicians, healthcare providers, and health-related businesses), and other types of small and medium-sized businesses, with a wide array of legal services. The family-friendly work culture at our firm is an important benefit for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You must be capable of excelling in a high-quality legal environment, exhibit the potential for meaningful business generation, and be motivated to become a long-term member of a close-knit legal team.
- Preparation, review and analysis of wills, trusts and other estate planning documents.
- All phases of will, trust and estate administration, including advising fiduciaries and beneficiaries regarding the estate/trust administration process, and marshalling, organizing and analyzing asset information.
- Analysis of relevant federal and state estate, gift and transfer tax laws.
- Coordinating the valuation, allocation and distribution of estate and trust assets.
- Preparation of inventories, asset transfer documents, deeds, probate pleadings, fiduciary reports/accountings and disclaimers.
- Coordination, supervision and administration of all requisite trusts and estates related litigation and proceedings.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Preparing and filing beneficiary designation forms for life insurance and retirement accounts.
- Computing and disbursing beneficiary distributions, and executor and trustee commissions.
- Repairing and recording deeds in local jurisdictions and preparation of all relevant real estate documents and filings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 7 years of dedicated trusts and estates experience required.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent judgment, client counseling, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for business development, including a portable book of business.
- Strong writing skills.
- Be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Have a positive attitude and be very reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A high-quality, family-oriented, technologically advanced law firm platform with concentrations in healthcare law, litigation, bankruptcy, commercial and debtor/creditor transactions, and real estate.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Generous incentive compensation arrangements.
- Comprehensive fringe benefits are available.
- Positive work environment enabling a work/life balance.
- A family-friendly work environment within a high-quality legal setting.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Healthcare benefits, 401K, short-term and long-term disability insurance available.